Monday, February 18, 2013

Scottsdale 2013 I

For myself and for so many others in the Arabian industry, the Scottsdale show is special. It serves as the opening show of the season and holds some of the best horses in the country and abroad in a huge variety of classes. And let's be honest, it certainly doesn't hurt that the show offers a break from my icy South Dakota home for a week in sunny Scottsdale. I've only been down here for a couple days now (as I had to do some serious persuading to get out classes for a week... in my last semester of college), but I couldn't be happier to be a part of the show again!

This year, for the first time since my 13 & under showing days, I am able to ride in the show. Although it isn't my own horse, I am so excited for the opportunity to show a new horse and to learn and grow under the assistance of an excellent trainer. I'll be posting a few photos and keeping you updated on major events of the week to come--so be sure to check back! My friend and classmate, Lindsay, will also be offering her thoughts on the Scottsdale show as a first time horse show go-er... which will be thoroughly entertaining and eye-opening for those of us who have been around horse shows our whole lives. Enjoy the show, the live feed, and everything the Arabian Horse Times has to offer to bring the Scottsdale show closer to you and your horse pals!



Photos by Lindsay Strong






No comments:

Post a Comment