Saturday, February 23, 2013

Confessions of a First Time Show Go-er: Day 3




So Far, So Great

For most of you cool horse kids, walking a horse probably seems like a “no duh” situation. Like, y’all probably did that as wee children. I, however, never quite got to that point in my life. So now, my 22-year-old self walking a horse for the first time was super exciting and pretty much the highlight of my life thus far. Considering when I first arrived in Scottsdale I wasn’t even comfortable with touching a horse, walking one around (under the close supervision of her super cool trainer friend) is pretty neat, I’d say. First step... Walking. With this accomplishment under my belt, my becoming an Arabian horse expert is basically just around the corner! All kidding aside, it was a lovely experience with a lovely horse who has earned a place in my heart as the first horse I’ve ever actually liked. That’s not to say that I don’t like any other horse, they’re animals, so they’re pretty cool in my book, but this one in particular just happens to be the first one I actually felt comfortable being close to. That’s pretty special to me. 

-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment