Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Beauty of the Industry


I was asked not too long ago what I love most about the Arabian industry... And it really got me thinking about what this industry has done for me in my 15 years of being a part of it. Wow, 15 years. Considering I'm only 21, it's obvious to say that I've spent my fair share on the back of a horse. In these years, showing horses has become a major part of who I am. It's something that I've loved since day one, at the spunky age of six, when I had no idea what role Arabians would end up playing in my life. The horses, the clothes, and the stakes have changed since the beginning, but ultimately, the happiness and the sense of being a part of something so great has never faded for me.

Every time I'm out at the barn, I think about how lucky I am to have had the opportunity to grow up with and show horses all my life. I cannot imagine my life without my beautiful, goodhearted, and hard working Arabian steeds that have helped me through so much. Without them, I would be a miserable sap with some other worthless hobby, fading away... Okay, I think you get the point.

To me, the industry is so much more than a circuit of shows to go to and talented horses and exhibitors from across the nation to meet, it has helped shaped me into the person I am today. Without the Arabian horse industry fighting to keep the breed alive and touching hearts all around the world, my and so many other lives wouldn't be the same. And that's what brings the people together. The common love of the Arabian horse. I've got it. You've got it. Ask the guy to your right--he's got it too. The Arabian brought us together, now it's our job to keep the breed going with prestige.





No comments:

Post a Comment