Monday, October 24, 2011

U.S. Nationals II

Monday of U.S. Nationals was another fun, yet ride free day for me. I spent the majority of the day browsing in the Shopping Expo, watching classes, and spending time with my horses.



One thing I can never resist checking out at the beginning of a national event is the most beautiful room at the show/my dream personal trophy room. This room that holds the most coveted and prestigious prizes of the show... If you don't know what I'm talking about yet, I'll just let the picture speak for itself.


Just as one would expect, there were some pretty amazing classes to watch today. The horses at the show are definitely not lacking in the talent or beauty department, and it certainly shows in the classes. Although there were simply too many awesome classes to mention, there are a few that stick out in my mind from the day. Some of these include Dick Ames's win in the Pleasure Driving, the purebred English Junior horse sections (partly because my horse made the cut!), the Half-Arabian English 40 and over, and needless to say, the amateur purebred park headlined by the amazing Mandalay Bay and reserve winner Starlight. 

This being my first U.S. Nationals, I've never before been to a show where there were absolutely no youth exhibitors. I must say it's pretty nice change to know that nearly everyone showing is older than me. And I mean that in the best possible way! I look forward to the halter classes starting tomorrow, and oh, finally getting to show as well! Wish me luck... I may need it!




No comments:

Post a Comment